Monday, May 12, 2008

A few words about Rose...


In the 7 years that I've been involved in the 3 Day Walk, I've met some very interesting people. I feel that these folks fall into my life for reasons that may make sense only to me - and one of these people is Rose, for whom the newest sock monkey is dedicated. I met her in 2006, and I was wowed by her energy, enthusiasm, embrace of life, and sunshine personality. Rose is an inspiration to me, and when I look at this picture (which I also have at my desk), I am reminded to enjoy life's gifts - even when you think you might have just gotten the booby prize (some pun intended!). Rose is a survivor in many ways, and I am absolutely delighted to think of her as a friend. To know her is to honestly love her, and it's not often in the world that we meet someone who makes us feel so great - just by smiling at us. So, Rose, this sock monk's for you, dedicated with admiration and affection! (Rose is playing Monkey in the Middle in this picture, I think!!!)

1 comment:

Bubba S. Monkey said...

Yeah! Another Sock Monkey on the blog! I have book marked you. Have a great day!