Saturday, March 29, 2008

A new sock monkey - for an "old" friend


Sometimes I know who will be the next sock monkey... sometimes I don't. I was on my way to make a completely different sock monkey, when Rick and I found this little boombox. I had recently purchased this Hawaiian outfit. BINGO! The Cathy Sock Monkey for the Cure was designed! Cathy is the "Official" (volunteer) Dancing Lady for the Michigan Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. I've known her and her boombox since I met Cathy while I was walking and she was dancing at the 2002 3 Day. We've been friends since, and I was able to be her "roadie" for 2 Michigan walks. That woman is an energizer bunny, and until you've shlepped along with her, you have no idea how much she puts into this event! She spends a month or so in the winter in Maui at her condo. Cathy is also a survivor, and she is tireless in her work to create awareness about BC - and to get people off their butts and onto their feet! You can see Cathy here, on the left, getting a "high five" from a very cheery walker! (Cathy - sorry - I don't have any pictures of you in action...from the front!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy! Hi! Just wanted to let you know that you can boost your fundraising efforts and promote your Breast Cancer 3-Day participation by putting a widget on your blog. Anyone who clicks on your widget will be taken directly to your 3-Day online donation form.

To get yours, just log in to the3day.org site.

Wendy, Sock Monkey Maker said...

Hi, Celeste!

Thanks for the reminder! I had posted it before on my sockmonkeysforthecure.com website, and didn't get around to putting it on the blog! Now it's there! Thanks!

wendy